The Clan Da Killars - {DK} - Halo CE - Mac
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clan Da Killars - {DK} - Halo CE - Mac

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Elite gulch mod"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lickingstones
Grunt
Grunt
Lickingstones

Number of posts : 14
Loisirs : PLaying guitar, seeing tons of movies and art
Registration date : 2007-08-06

"Elite gulch mod" Empty
PostSubject: "Elite gulch mod"   "Elite gulch mod" Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 am

Ok, so this is the new idea for a mod, quite simple really, just some aesthetic changes... The cyborg is now an elite (only from 2nd party perspective). I'll make all the map changes later on, i just need some help getting the elite right, I'm hoping Kayar could help me on this one...

So for starters i imported the elite from b30, everything works. except 3 things,

The melee animation is missing (i know it exists out there somewhere because the elites in the campaign tend to bitch smack you if u get too close Very Happy ).

The armor colour doesn't work, it only turns out blue (lets say i want to play team slayer and have red and blue elites) i though of modding the UI file... but then again that would suck for sharing the mod.

One more thing, how do i make skin changes within a map file (that is without having to rely on a modded bitmaps file.

...this might be the wrong forum to post this in... but i am hopefull Razz scratch study
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lickingstones
Kayar
Hunter
Hunter
Kayar

Number of posts : 51
Loisirs : Well I wish I took french now
Registration date : 2007-05-30

"Elite gulch mod" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Elite gulch mod"   "Elite gulch mod" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:59 pm

Lesse, when did u post this? Ah, the 17th. Sorry for not seeing it earlier, I don't check the site often enough. Now... Hmm... I haven't experimented much with the animations, it would probably be found somewhere under the ant (animation trigger) tag, I think. If you imported the elite recursively I'd expect you to already have it though. It may have something to do with the 3p view and the fp view messing up. For example, the reason you can't be a spartan with the energy sword is because it doesn't have the animation, etc. I don't think there's any way to make the elite change color depending on team, unless you swapped the elite bitmap with the cyborg armor bitmap. That might work.

Then, for skinning things within a map file, the only way to do that is to simply do what I mentioned above, swapping bitmaps for other bitmaps. You can't inject your own skin because that changes the bitmap file, and there's no way of changing the bitmaps without changing... well, the bitmaps. But you can swap them. Experiment a bit, see what you like. I've made alternate skies by swapping sky/clear afternoon with things like elite/bloodsplatter, and a bunch of other fun stuffs. My suggestion for the animations is to ask over at MGM, however, since I have no idea how you would do it. If all else fails, just make the melee impossible to use. Sure, there's no melee, but at least the game won't crash. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Lickingstones
Grunt
Grunt
Lickingstones

Number of posts : 14
Loisirs : PLaying guitar, seeing tons of movies and art
Registration date : 2007-08-06

"Elite gulch mod" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Elite gulch mod"   "Elite gulch mod" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:29 pm

wow u didn't have to dedicate the bible to me Shocked

yeah i dont know how animations work, they do hit you in the campain so its wierd, hmm i did export recursive and all, but no dollar. The game doens't crash it just punches without the 3rd person animation which is way strange.

the skinning thing suxx hmm. i did manage to get the colour some how but it lost it deep in some recursive crap that suxx will get back to you when the pile of homework burns thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lickingstones
Sponsored content

"Elite gulch mod" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Elite gulch mod"   "Elite gulch mod" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Elite gulch mod"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Clan Da Killars - {DK} - Halo CE - Mac :: Sector Halo Public :: Modding :: Mods-
Jump to: